- Well Kept Secret of How Activities for Senior Citizens Slows Aging
- Taking Care of Elderly Parents with Dementia and Uninvolved Siblings
- 10 Top Reasons Baby Boomers are Choosing to Stay in Their Home Age
- Off Balance ? Try Tai Chi for Seniors
- Elder Independence: Caregiver Tip to Avoid Dependence
- Alleged Painkiller Theft By Nurse News Triggers Caregiver PTSD
- Can’t Sleep? Difficulty Falling Asleep? Often A Side Effect of Human Aging
- Breaking: New study legitimizes ‘Complicated Grief,’ treatment effective without meds
- Yet Another Study Underscores Veteran Suicide Problem
- Memorial Day Disgrace: Veterans Killing Themselves, Not Getting the Help They Need
Raising Your Happiness Meter
“I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.”
How do you feel when you are praising and thanking God?
I am always in awe of God’s beautiful and well-ordered creation. Nature often inspires me to praise Him. The great outdoors nurtures my soul, so I’m not surprised as a caregiver how important it was for me to go outside, breathe in the fresh air, and admire God’s world. I’m especially thankful for sunny days when color surrounds me and birds are singing. All seems right with the world.
Plan a break in your day when you are able to go outside and admire the trees, brilliant with colorful leaves. Pick up one or two from the ground; examine the shape and the intricate veins. Then thank our Creator for the beauty of His awesome handiwork.
I’m sure it brings a smile to your face when someone praises you for something you said or did. When you admire God’s creation and praise Him, He too must be pleased. Such a “Praise Break” will raise your own happiness meter. Try it, and discover how good it feels to praise and thank our Lord.
What will you praise God for today? Why?
Creator of All Things, teach me to greet each day with gratitude, to admire its beauty and blessings, and to observe your divine order in nature. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for the perfect loving kindness you bestow on all your children. Amen
Do not miss to get Veronica’s Book:
All e books & printer-ready All other e books: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/376781