- Well Kept Secret of How Activities for Senior Citizens Slows Aging
- Taking Care of Elderly Parents with Dementia and Uninvolved Siblings
- 10 Top Reasons Baby Boomers are Choosing to Stay in Their Home Age
- Off Balance ? Try Tai Chi for Seniors
- Elder Independence: Caregiver Tip to Avoid Dependence
- Alleged Painkiller Theft By Nurse News Triggers Caregiver PTSD
- Can’t Sleep? Difficulty Falling Asleep? Often A Side Effect of Human Aging
- Breaking: New study legitimizes ‘Complicated Grief,’ treatment effective without meds
- Yet Another Study Underscores Veteran Suicide Problem
- Memorial Day Disgrace: Veterans Killing Themselves, Not Getting the Help They Need
Faith in Action, Lord Hear My Prayer
We are blessed to have Veronica Badowski, a caregiver and author of Treading Water with God, Lessons in Love While Care Giving write for our Faith in Caregiving series. In today’s lesson, Veronica reminds us that our faith in action is not only praying for support and strength, but, reaching out for help when we need it.
“I call on you, my God, for you will answer me;
turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.”
What are the benefits of praying in the morning before we start our day?
My mother was a giving and loving person and did not change as her dementia overtook her. There were only a few times she became scared and agitated. When I spoke to her sweetly and calmly, her sense of safety and peace usually returned.
When someone is ill, sometimes their calm personality is so frustrated they become angry and agitated unexpectedly. These are the times when we need to step back and silently call on the Lord. He hears and will answer us, giving the patience and wisdom we need for such moments.
If our loved ones’ agitation problems are ongoing, God may guide us to seek professional help from a pastor, medical doctor, or psychiatrist. Remember, the Lord desires peace and joy for us as well as those we care for. We are all precious in His sight
Write about a recent time God heard you and answered your prayer.
Heavenly Counselor, I thank you for lending an ear in my direction. It is a privilege and blessing to come to you in prayer any time of the day or night. It is a comfort to know You are listening and will give me your perfect answer exactly when I need it. I praise you, O Lord, as I pray in Jesus name. Amen