- Well Kept Secret of How Activities for Senior Citizens Slows Aging
- Taking Care of Elderly Parents with Dementia and Uninvolved Siblings
- 10 Top Reasons Baby Boomers are Choosing to Stay in Their Home Age
- Off Balance ? Try Tai Chi for Seniors
- Elder Independence: Caregiver Tip to Avoid Dependence
- Alleged Painkiller Theft By Nurse News Triggers Caregiver PTSD
- Can’t Sleep? Difficulty Falling Asleep? Often A Side Effect of Human Aging
- Breaking: New study legitimizes ‘Complicated Grief,’ treatment effective without meds
- Yet Another Study Underscores Veteran Suicide Problem
- Memorial Day Disgrace: Veterans Killing Themselves, Not Getting the Help They Need
Link to Apply for Hilarity for Charity Caregiver Relief for Dementia Caregivers
Hilarity for Charity was created by Seth Rogen and his wife, Lauren Miller Rogen to raise awareness about the struggles that family caregivers go through with Alzheimer’s Dementia in the US and Canada.
Lauren Miller Rogen has a mother that suffers from Early Onset Alzheimer’s dementia. She was diagnosed at 55 years of age. As a couple, they realize how blessed they are to be able to provide care for their mother at home. They also realized how many caregivers do not have the ability to pay for outside help or respite care.
The Rogens have become spokespersons to advocate for pubic policy change and raise awareness of this life altering disease.
The family caregiver is the single largest pillar that provides long term care. The care provided is without pay. This care is estimated to be worth billions of dollars a year. Without the family caregiver, the entire long term care industry would be unable to meet the needs of those requiring care. With the the largest growing segment of the population living to 90 years old and beyond, we are facing a major crisis.
Family caregivers need and deserve caregiver relief. Respite care allows family caregivers to provide better care.
Caregivers develop chronic stress, financial drain and social isolation. Caregiver statistics are grim. Lauren Miller Rogen said: “With no proven way to prevent, cure or even slow the progression of Alzheimer’s, and an increasing number of diagnoses, we know that the number of families needing support services is only going to grow. We hope to ‘Share the Care’ by helping as many families as possible with this program.”
Hilarity for Charity has partnered with the Alzheimer’s Association and Home Instead, to create a Caregiver Relief Grant.
To apply for respite care- click here– Hilarity For Charity Caregiver Relief Fund