- Well Kept Secret of How Activities for Senior Citizens Slows Aging
- Taking Care of Elderly Parents with Dementia and Uninvolved Siblings
- 10 Top Reasons Baby Boomers are Choosing to Stay in Their Home Age
- Off Balance ? Try Tai Chi for Seniors
- Elder Independence: Caregiver Tip to Avoid Dependence
- Alleged Painkiller Theft By Nurse News Triggers Caregiver PTSD
- Can’t Sleep? Difficulty Falling Asleep? Often A Side Effect of Human Aging
- Breaking: New study legitimizes ‘Complicated Grief,’ treatment effective without meds
- Yet Another Study Underscores Veteran Suicide Problem
- Memorial Day Disgrace: Veterans Killing Themselves, Not Getting the Help They Need
Caregivers: Guided Meditation for Relaxation and Stress Relief for You
What is guided meditation for relaxation and stress relief?
As a caregiver, I am sure that you have had those moments when you are frustrated, tired and just wished you were somewhere else. Using the techniques of guided imagery, you can use your imagination to take you to a place of peace and calm. Guided imagery is a mind body technique that utilizes all the senses with the help of using your imagination. Because of the way the mind and body are connected, your mind does not know what is real, or what is just imagined.
Engaging all your senses, eyes, ears, smells, sights and touch allows you to feel as if you are in that special place.
Want to try guided imagery?
Guided Imagery will allow you to imagine yourself in a peaceful setting. This will help the stressed out caregiver, relax, relieve stress and even avoid caregiver burnout. The research shows decreasing stress may promote improved health, creativity, and energy levels. It can also help you feel more in control of your emotions and thoughts and help improve your attitude, health, and sense of well-being.
When you decrease your stress, you are less likely to make emotional decisions. In fact, did you know that your responses to your family member with dementia can actually SLOW their cognitive decline?
We, at Caregiver Relief, realize that you are under a tremendous amount of stress. We also know, by personal experience with our FB senior Caregiver forum, that caregiver stress kills. Every year, in caregiver groups, there is always 1 or 2 primary caregivers that suffer serve incapacitating illness from chronic stress. Every year we experience the loss of one or two primary caregivers. It affects our group dynamics. For most caregivers, it is an eye opening experience.
The realization that everything that a caregiver is trying to do: keeping their family member at home, is defeated. The results have commonly been the dementia patient is placed in an alternative care setting. Some, do not have anyone to advocate for their care after the primary caregiver has passed.
This Caregiver Relief CD was developed out of love and concern for the senior caregivers . It was developed specifically for the caregiver.
I hope you will take time everyday to make yourself a priority and incorporate stress management techniques in to you everyday life.